POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Lighting help : Re: Lighting help Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:27:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighting help
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 10 Mar 2000 05:46:56
Message: <38c8d2a0@news.povray.org>
ok, try this, very simple

place you object at the center of your scene

place the camera above it, to one side, looking down at your object, an
angle of 30degs of so will do, zoom in so your object fills the scene.

create 2 point lights, 1 pure white, one more of a yellow or blue (but only
slightly!)

put one slightly above the camer and to one side, put the other below the
camera and to the other side

render, and start shuffelling things around till you get it.

big tip, is to start with a sphere on a plane for you scene, you can mess
with the lights and not have to wait an age to see your results :)

for real lighting tutorials (even tho the above allways makes a nice
starting point), look for photography and try to re create the positioning
you find (use area lights instead of foil umbrellas etc)

Rick